I am quickly losing my mind. My final day at work for two months is tomorrow.
So why am I insane? Let me count the ways:
- I have no speeds but full throttle and bored senseless.
- Bored senseless = nothing gets done but tv watching or reading. I was bored senseless for awhile this semester because the new course management system (Brightspace) wasn’t ready to build courses on. That also means limited quilting. See “nothing gets done.”
- I have four courses to set-up by 5 p.m. tomorrow. The Brightspace designers were clearly on crack when they designed it.
- I don’t do crack, so I have trouble understanding how the system is designed.
- My final day of work for two months is tomorrow and I STILL have student reports to write! See #4 above.
- I don’t get paid when I am on leave. I have one hell of a lot to do in less than 24 hours or I’m working free!
- I want to buy fabric! See #6.
- I want to retire in 2 years. See #7. Numbers 7 and 8 don’t quite mesh!
- I have seven cats–two with special needs. Crazy cat lady…I know, I know. It embarrasses me too, but they show up on our porch looking for a home.
- Exception to #9. We (my husband and I) brought a mother and a kitten back from Greece. Crazy cat lady x 2.
- My house needs cleaning. It is driving me crazy. I am trying to pretend I don’t have floors, so I don’t see the cat fur and dust bunnies. Waiting until May 1 to clean. Probably a mistake.
- Thank the gods, Latifah Saafir is coming to our guild May 12th and 13th–I am looking forward to that joyous occasion!
- I am president of our quilting guild. There is more organization to setting up speakers than I thought. We still need 3 more people to sign up! http://musiccitymodernquilters.blogspot.com/. Please join us!
- I want to go to Paducah to Quilt Week this Saturday. See #6 and 7.
- I am thinking about getting a tax number and setting up an Etsy shop. See # 1 & 2.
- I am looking for a new house on the west side of Nashville. Need more quilting room. 🙂
and finally, not even worth a number – I dyed part of my hair blue and now my fingernails are blue too from when I push my hair out of my eyes. Fuschia was MUCH better!
April 28th addition:
Two cats with conjunctivitis. Off to the vet tomorrow. Oh joy! No Paducah for me.